Monday, April 23, 2012

Sunshine group project.

Resident of Sunshine Homes painting in the activities center shot as a group project. (PHO-245 Shalisha Russell)


Shooting the group project was very nice because the staff was incredible and the residents were so excited to see us. This assignment meant a lot to me because these people can find happiness in such a situation, when there are so many that do not count their blessings.
This wasn't hard for me to shoot with other photographers around because it wasn't like a competition. It was more like we all helped each other as a group. I enjoyed myself, I still have the notes the residents wrote for me in my wallet. The notes say thank you.
I was happy to be a part of such an assignment where the end result was helping an organization show their culture. the culture of taking care of residents and keeping the founders vision alive. I loved every moment of that group assignment.

Resident coloring in the activities center shot as a group project.

resident working his job folding clothes stops to smile.

Resident holding the clothes he has folded close to his chest.

Resident in a rocking chair in the activities center. 

No comments:

Post a Comment