Monday, April 23, 2012

A photo story about a man who collects cans.

I was excited to hear on the first day of class that we were required to do a photo story with sound. That has been my aspiration for a long time since I learned how to do Sound slides two years ago.
Shooting my personal assignment was a delight because I had already envisioned the direction I wanted it to go. It was cool hearing how the audio just rolled out in conversation. I thought it would be much harder to get the audio to go in a direction to where it tells the story how I knew the images would have the best effect.
The worst part was when I was shooting at the gas station and these guys were yelling out why is she taking pictures. I actually thought I would be shot. But, I high tailed out of there and continued my shots somewhere else.
            The images were just amazing as to how they went with the sound. I never could have imagined that sound could go with images so good. I enjoyed the assignment, and it actually prompted me to purchase sound slides. I absolutely can’t wait to shoot another one.

Man handing Can Man an empty can after seeing him digging for them.(PHO-245 Shalisha Russell)

Can Man walking away from one can to another at the Valero gas station on Monroe and Auburn in Toledo, Ohio. 



No comments:

Post a Comment