Wednesday, March 21, 2012

McNeese meets and beats Rockets

McNeese player  Rudy Turner goes to the basket while playing the Toledo Rockets March 13. (PHO245 photos by 
Shalisha Russell)
University of Toledo dance squad at halftime during
McNeese vs. Rockets game on March 13, 2012. 
      Shooting sports takes a lot of anticipation. You have to follow the ball and know what will make a good shot. 
      The anticipation of waiting for what will happen is exciting. But knowing what is typically going to happen isn’t close to what actually happens. You may think you know there will be a layup, but a player could fall or miss the shot. Following the ball was hard with the lenses and camera I had. I used a 70-210mm lens. Although it's decent gear, it wasn’t quick enough for me.
     The school spirit was also fun to capture. The dancers, cheerleaders and the blue crew made for good images. They were very excited about each shot the teams made.
     The experience was one to remember. It wasn’t as bad as the previous assignments in this class. There wasn’t really any contact with people and asking them questions. With that said it was much easier to shoot. Talking to people I don't know doesn't bother me, it's when I have to stop shooting to do so. So, I sports turned out to be one I cant wait to shoot again. Although University of Toledo lost the game, I got some great shots.
Rockets player Julius Brown struggles to keep the ball as Mcneese player Patrick Richards runs to catch it March 13, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment